About Our Parish
Our parish began when the Greek Orthodox Christians in the Fredericksburg area sought to create a church home. The first Liturgy was celebrated on April 9, 1989, at St. George’s Episcopal Church. Later in the year, we rented a small building in Stafford to serve as our Parish home. We selected our parish name, received our charter from The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America in 1991, and began to create our church family.
In 1992 we purchased land to build our parish building, which was completed in March of 2000. The first liturgy celebrated in our new home was held on March 12 of that year.
Over the years we have been blessed with the devotion and generosity of many, many people, both within and without of our church community. With the Lord's continued blessing, love, and guidance, we will continue to grow and prosper for many years to come.
Agrippina the Martyr of Rome; Holy Martyrs Aristocleus the Priest, Demetrius the Deacon and Athanasius the Reader; The Holy New Archpriest Martyrs Gerasimus of Crete, Neophytos of Knossos, Joachim of Cherronisos, Hierotheos of Lampi, Zachariah of Sitia, Joachim of Petra, Gerasimos of Rethymno, Kallinikos of Kydonia, Melchizedek of Kissamos, Kallinikos of Diopolos, and those Martyred with Them (1821-1822); Mark, Bishop of Ephesus; Etheldreda the Queen